What is the current episode about?
Lufthansa Miles & More has partnered with Loylogic and offers a way to extend the validity of miles. This is of course not for free and they charge approx. 1ct per mile. I did not check it, as I did not have any miles that expire. Anyways there are cheaper ways to avoid that Lufthansa Miles & More miles expire. Every status (Frequent Traveller, Senator or HON Circle) does the job or one of the many credit cards Lufthansa Miles 7 More offers with their partners in different countries. If you decide to take the offer and pay your miles will be valid for an other 36 month.
You can find this offer here.
How it works
- Login to Mileage Services by Loylogic with your Miles & More Service Card Number and PIN and accept the terms and conditions.
- Your account details (Service Card Number, Name, E-Mail Address, and Expiring miles) will be transmitted to Loylogic and pre-filled in the relevant tasks.
- Select the number of miles you wish to extend.
- Use your credit/debit card to pay for the fees to extend the miles and to renew the validity of the expiring miles for at least 36 months.
- In some cases, it may take up to 3 business days until the extended miles are on your account.
- Extended miles are valid for at least 36 months from the date of purchase and, unless they have been used, expire at the end of the quarter.
Conditions of participation
- Members must be over 18 years old to use Extend Miles
- Members need to have a minimum amount of miles expiring in the current quarter to participate in the transaction.
Rules and Restrictions
- Minimum qualifying transaction for Extend Miles is 500 miles.
- Miles once extended and extend fees paid are non-refundable.
- Mileage rates and other applicable fees may change over time.
- Miles are extended for at least 36 months. If the extended miles are not redeemed for an award in the mileage account within 36 months of the event, they expire by the end of the next quarter, unless a longer deadline is announced through the Miles & More communication channels.
- The date and amount of the expired miles will be indicated separately in the Miles & More account information or in the member’s individual online mileage account at least one quarter before the expiry date concerned.
- To be able to use Extend Miles, you must have collected atleast one award mile from one of our partners, i.e. flight booking, WorldShop.
Partner location: | Switzerland
Return policy: | Miles cannot be reversed. Neither miles nor fees can be refunded.
Join our Facebook Group Frequent Traveller Circle Lounge.
What is Frequent Traveller Circle Essential Series about?
Frequent Traveller Circle has been around for many years and that’s exactly how long we give tips and tricks. In it you will learn our best tips and tricks for your future mileage strategies as well as how to reach your status faster with our podcast series Frequent Traveler Circle – Essentials. With the new series we also want to share the knowledge with everyone else and publish a new episode every day. If you have questions, then send us these and we will prepare them for you in one of the episodes.
Why should you subscribe to the podcast?
- We show you regularly interesting people from the travel industry and also a look behind the scenes.
- We also show you the benefits of miles, points and status. Here you can easily arrange your free consultation now.